Canada – Shopper’s Voice
2013 “SPEAK UP TO WIN!””
Contest Rules (the “Contest”)
CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS WHO HAVE REACHED THE AGE OF MAJORITY.
1. Contest Period: Contest Period for the grand prize begins January 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM (ET) and ends on December 31, 2013 at 11:59 AM (ET). Contest for the monthly prize begins and ends as follows:
|Entry Period||Entry Period Dates|
|1||12:00 PM (ET) January 7, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) January 31, 2013|
|2||12:00 AM (ET) February 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) February 28, 2013|
|3||12:00 AM (ET) March 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) March 31, 2013|
|4||12:00 AM (ET) April 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) April 30, 2013|
|5||12:00 AM (ET) May 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) May 31, 2013|
|6||12:00 AM (ET) June 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) June 30, 2013|
|7||12:00 AM (ET) July 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) July 31, 2013|
|8||12:00 AM (ET) August 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) August 31, 2013|
|9||12:00 AM (ET) September 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) September 30, 2013|
|10||12:00 AM (ET) October 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) October 31, 2013|
|11||12:00 AM (ET) November 1, 2013 - 11:59 PM (ET) November 30, 2013|
|12||12:00 AM (ET) December 1, 2013 - 11:59 AM (ET) December 31, 2013|
2. Sponsor: Sponsor is ICOM Information & Communications L.P. a/k/a Shopper’s Voice, 41 Metropolitan Road, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M1R 2T5.
3. No purchase necessary. How to Enter: One entry per person, per household, per email address. You may enter the Contest accessing qa.shoppersvoice.ca/canada to participate in the Shopper’s Voice online survey. Type your name, street address and email address, click on the Official Rules link, read them and click I Agree to accept the Official Rules, click Next, and answer at least one (1) survey question in order to be entered into the Contest. Online entry for the grand prize must be received by Sponsors designated computer during the Contest Period set forth in Rule 1 above to be eligible. Online entry for the secondary prize must be received by Sponsors designated computer between periods as outlined in section 1 of these rules.
4. Eligibility: Open only to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority who are located within Canada when they enter, except employees of Sponsor, its parent organization, affiliates, subsidiaries, promotion agencies, persons engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, Contest judges and agents/representatives thereof, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children and siblings and their respective spouses) and persons living in the same households of such individuals, whether related or not.
5. Prizes and Odds: One (1) grand prize winner will receive CDN $15,000. Twelve (12) monthly winners will each receive an Apple iPad min 16 GB (valued at CAN$329.00 as of November 5, 2012). (Total value of all prizes is CAN$18,948.00.) Odds of winning any prize depends on number of eligible entries received. Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Prizes will be delivered to confirmed winners.
6. Winner Selection: Random drawings for the grand prize will be held at 4 pm on January 16, 2013 in Toronto. Random drawing for the secondary monthly prize will take place as follows in Toronto:
|Entry Period||Entry Period Dates||Prize Draw Dates|
|1||12:00 PM (ET) January 7, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) January 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) February 14, 2013|
|2||12:00 AM (ET) February 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) February 28, 2013||4 pm (ET) March 14, 2013|
|3||12:00 AM (ET) March 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) March 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) April 11, 2013|
|4||12:00 AM (ET) April 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) April 30, 2013||4 pm (ET) May 16, 2013|
|5||12:00 AM (ET) May 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) May 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) June 13, 2013|
|6||12:00 AM (ET) June 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) June 30, 2013||4 pm (ET) July 11, 2013|
|7||12:00 AM (ET) July 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) July 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) August 15, 2013|
|8||12:00 AM (ET) August 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) August 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) September 12, 2013|
|9||12:00 AM (ET) September 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) September 30, 2013||4 pm (ET) October 17, 2013|
|10||12:00 AM (ET) October 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) October 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) November 14, 2013|
|11||12:00 AM (ET) November 1, 2013 11:59 PM (ET) November 30, 2013||4 pm (ET) December 12, 2013|
|12||12:00 AM (ET) December 1, 2013 11:59 AM (ET) December 31, 2013||4 pm (ET) January 16, 2014|
The prizes will be awarded to the first entrant selected for that prize who correctly answers a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question and otherwise complies with the Contest Rules. Limit one prize per person. Decisions of the judges are final and binding on all entrants. Selected entrants will be notified by email and/or overnight mail or courier, and will be required to correctly answer an unaided, time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and complete and return, within a specified time, a declaration of eligibility and liability/publicity release. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if selected entrant cannot be contacted, if required documents are not returned and received by Shopper’s Voice within the time specified, if mathematical skill-testing question is answered incorrectly, or if selected entrant otherwise does not comply with rules, selected entrant will be disqualified, and prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate entrant by random drawing from remaining eligible entries.
7. General: Sponsor reserves the right to use the name, city of residence, comments, likeness and/or photographs of the winners without compensation, in any advertising and publicity in relation to the Contest. The Contest is subject to all relevant laws.
Sponsor will not be responsible for late, lost, stolen, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, falsified, postage-due mail or destroyed entries and all such entries are void. Sponsor will not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions or other liability. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. Entry by means of automated or robotic entry devices is prohibited. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
By entering this Contest, you acknowledge having read these rules and agree to be bound by them and the decisions of Sponsor and the independent Contest organization, which shall be final and binding on all entrants. Entry into the Contest constitutes agreement to be bound by the Official Contest Rules.
For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools des courses et des jeux (“RACJ”) for a ruling. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the RACJ only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Subject to the jurisdiction in Québec of the Québec RACJ, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest and to amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason.
8. Winners’ List: The names of the winners will be posted on the Shopper’s Voice website once the winners have been finally determined. A paper copy of the winners’ list may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope by January 20, 2014 to: Shopper’s Voice Spring 2013 “Speak Up to Win!”” Contest Winners, 111 Gordon Baker Road, Suite 300, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2H 3R1